Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bakery-Like Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I have made cookies yet again. A delicious variation on the original chocolate chip cookie, causing them to taste more like they're from a bakery, than from your kitchen. At about 11:00 last night, I sat boredly awake, unable to sleep. Pretty much everyone else in my family had already gone to bed, and I had absolutely nothing to do. Normally when I am plagued with insomnia I resort to reading some sort of thick complicated novel in attempt to bore myself to sleep. However, I felt a little too alive to begin reading the Silmarillion yet again, so I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. I don't usually make cookies in the middle of the night, mainly because it is a little weird, but they had been requested by members of my family to bring to some social event thing (I'm not entirely sure what they were made for, but I was bored, and didn't really care that much.)

The cookies turned out magnificently. It is always fun to experiment recipe ideas late at night, and this one actually turned out alright. After about an hour and half of meticulously rolling them into perfect little balls, and then sticking mini Hershey's kisses on top, I ended up with a brownie-like cookie, that tasted rather heavenly. The secret to this recipe is the pudding. Not real gooey pudding, but instant pudding mix. A while ago I saw some in a Christmas cookie recipe, and I figured I would try throwing some in for my own variation of chocolate chip cookies (I cannot take total credit for the ingenues idea of mixing pudding mix and cookies). 

I had intended on making ordinary chocolate chip cookies, but I only had chocolate pudding. If you don't want chocolate cookies, leave out the cocoa, and use vanilla pudding mix rather than chocolate. Either way, they taste great!








BAKERY-LIKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 15 min
BAKE: 10-15 min
OVEN: 350 degrees F

INGREDIENTS: 

12 tablespoons butter, softened

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 3.8 ounce box of instant chocolate pudding

2 cups flour

1/4-1/2 cup cocoa (depending on how chocolaty you want your cookies)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup mini Hershey's kisses

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly add to the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined.

Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and press Hershey kisses on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cookies begin to crisp up, and turn golden around the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.