Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes

















Happy New Year!! A lot of super cool stuff has happened to me in the last year, including my blog's 100th post, and its third birthday. I also learned to drive, began editing my first novel, and joined an orchestra. Woohoo! I hope 2015 is just as, or more awesome than 2014!

I thought I would invent some sort of incredible gluten-free, Paleo super delicious recipe to start the year of really healthy. Heh heh... well, that didn't happen. As I dug through my cupboards searching for healthy ingredients, I stumbled upon mini bundt cake pans. (Actually, they toppled onto my head, but I think that counts as finding them!) I found probably around 20 tiny vintage pans which had been given to me by my grandma.  I simply couldn't help myself. Something that adorable deserved to be baked in, so I made these. I can assure you that they contain loads of gluten and sugar, and will ruin whatever diet you have undergone. At least they taste amazing, though!

















Unfortunately, when I was about to make some super delicious buttery chocolate frosting, I could find no chocolate chips, thus the reason for the dusting of powdered sugar.  Buttercream frosting would also go great with these. Click HERE to find another use for this cake recipe, and  one of my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting recipes. (It's my favorite, because it's blue! Seriously, the frosting is bright blue.)

MINI CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKES:

YIELD: 12 cakes

TIME: 35 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 20 min

OVEN: 350 F

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup cocoa powder

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 cup boiling water

1 cup 1% milk

1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Grease 12 mini bundt pans, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be very watery, but that is what makes the cake so moist.

Spoon into mini cake pans, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until cakes begin to pull away from the sides of the pans. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.