Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Potbelly Copycat Recipe)


I have not posted in a few months. In addition to being completely overloaded with school, I actually have a valid excuse for not cooking/blogging in the past several weeks. I dropped my computer. Technically, I dropped my computer and myself down a flight of stairs, leading to the destruction of my poor HP 2000 (which I had named the U.S.S. Enterprise), as well as the development of large purple bruises that plagued my back.

I have not had a computer since last November, making it much more difficult to do any subsequent blogging. I did publish a few posts, but it was a tricky task, and frankly, I was too lazy to put in that much effort when there was studying to be done! However recently, (as in the last couple hours) I have been blessed with a new computer (YAAAAAAY), and can once more, perhaps, begin blogging again.

In the picture above, are beautiful double chocolate chip cookies that are giant, gooey, and amazing, tasting just like the ones of Potbelly (if you've never been to Potbelly, the cookies there are incredible). I also put in some toffee bits because I had some on hand, making the cookies even more fantastic. They were super easy, like making normal chocolate chip cookies, but with a fun twist making them a little bit better.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:

YIELD: 12-15 cookies

TIME: 40 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 20-25 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 lbs. butter, softened

3 cups brown sugar

4 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup cocoa

3 cups flour

2 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup toffee bits

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease 2 large cookie sheets.

Beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Slowly add cocoa, and mix until well combined.

Add remaining dry ingredients. Spoon batter onto cookie sheets. In order to get the desired texture (like a potbelly cookie), make very large cookies, fist-sized.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges, but still soft in the center. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.