Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mocha Muffins


My life currently is filled with exams... And I have noticed that with increasing years, exams have grown increasingly more difficult. After completing my most recent exam on Human Anatomy, where I had to label about 20 diagrams of various organ systems, pretty much all I wanted was a nice tall mug of coffee paired with a chocolatey muffin. Of course I did not get my wish because I had a Shakespeare class right after the exam, but since then, I have endeavored on a quest to make a perfect muffin to go with a perfect cup of coffee. 

I think I may have found the muffin. Even though it may not be absolutely perfect since I had to use gluten-free flour in the place of regular flour, I got pretty close. I do not recall ever eating a mocha muffin before this batch, but I can vouch for their incredible deliciousness. Although I am still on a journey for the perfect cup of coffee, (the Mr. Coffee machine that lives in my kitchen does not quite reach perfection), Mr. Coffee makes a lovely cup of coffee, that goes happily with these yummy culinary creations. 

Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Chip Mocha Muffins:

Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

2 eggs

2/3 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/3 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (normal wheat flour will also work fine)

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup cocoa powder

3/4 cup sugar

3 tablespoons instant coffee powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a 12-cup muffins tin.

In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients, beating on low speed.

In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredient, and fold together until combined. Do not beat together using the mixer, because that will overwork the dough, resulting in tough hard muffins. 

Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are risen, crispy, and a tooth pick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.