Monday, May 18, 2015

Gluten-Free Banana Bread


I have not had banana bread in a long time. Probably due to the fact that banana bread usually contains a lot of flour in it. Actually, most breads have a lot of flour in them, so naturally, I tend to avoid them for that reason. However, after searching for a while, I found a perfectly wonderful gluten free banana bread recipe that tastes exactly like normal banana bread. After serving it to my family, (who usually refuse gluten free foods) they reported that it tasted exactly like normal banana bread. Success!

I do not think I have ever given a proper suggestion for good gluten free flours. I have tried four or five different kinds, and by now, and I have developed a favorite. Several flours have had a super nasty aftertaste, or they are loaded with sugar. However, the Krusteaz Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour has surpassed all other gluten free flours (in my opinion). Additionally, it contains no sugar! Yay! As you can see from my blog pictures, the gluten free flour bakes up perfectly, keeping the texture of normal baked goods, as well as maintaining a great flavor.

GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD:

TIME: 60 minutes
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour (Krusteaz tastes the best)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup sugar

4 eggs

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup applesauce

4 medium ripe bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease 2 bread pans.

Whisk together wet ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing until well-combined (do not over-mix or dough will get tough.)

Pour batter equally into pans, and bake for 45 minutes or until golden, and a toothpick when inserted, comes out clean.

Allow to cool for ten minutes, and remove from pans.

ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.