Friday, May 1, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made cookies. Specifically, really yummy gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I also might be writing this at 2:00 in the morning. However, that's because I am officially done with school for the semester and have gotten into the strange habit of staying up really late while getting up extremely late. Since I no longer have any school, 2:00 seems like a nice time to write a blog post.



Today, or technically yesterday, I had a performance of The Merchant of Venice. Although normally I am completely unfazed by public speaking and performing, I had only finished memorizing my lines that morning, and we blocked the last scene about 40 minutes before performing it. I suppose that might be the proper instance to say, "I like to live dangerously." However, despite the evident lack of preparation, it went surprisingly alright, ignoring all my forgotten lines.

However, acting has very little to do with cookie baking, and these cookies have become a new favorite of mine, when it comes to a gluten free alternative. Most of the gluten free all-purpose flours have a nasty bitter aftertaste. I have made muffins with coffee in them that cover up the taste, but you cannot exactly put coffee in an ordinary chocolate chip cookie. I did end up finding a fabulous recipe for cookies, however, that utilized homemade oat flour, completely neglecting the gluten free alternatives. Yaaaaay! I have found a new fantastic cookie!

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:

YIELD: 12 large cookies, 24 mini cookies

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 10-15 min

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/4 cup gluten free oats, divided

1 tablespoon corn starch

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and grease a large baking sheet.

In a food processor, grind up all the oats. Combine with baking powder and cornstarch, and salt; set aside.

Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients, and mix until well combined. Spoon onto baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.