Saturday, May 16, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes


For some reason, many people tend to have a strange obsession with breakfast, or the combination of breakfast and lunch. That has always puzzled me, because I do not like most breakfast foods. In fact, most mornings I do not even consume any breakfast, primarily because I stay up really late, and normally get up so close to lunchtime it seems rather pointless to eat breakfast food.

However, despite my indifference towards most breakfast foods, I love chocolate chip pancakes. If I eat anything in the morning at all, it usually is either a strawberry smoothie, or a chocolate chip pancake. I really dislike soggy pancakes doused in sticky syrup, but a crispy pancake filled with gooey chocolate chips is one of my favorite things.

I have never been very good at making pancakes. Actually, up until today, I probably could not make a pancake to save my life. A couple months ago I posted a different gluten free pancake recipe (click HERE to view that) and I had to cook about 10 pancakes before getting a couple mini ones that looked somewhat presentable. However, after refining my skill, I have gotten quite talented at making pancakes.

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES:

YIELD: 4 medium-sized pancakes or 8 small pancakes

TIME: 25 min
PREP: 10 min
COOK: 15 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 egg

1 cup milk (add more if dough is too thick)

DIRECTIONS:

Whisk dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients, and carefully mix together until smooth.

Heat a frying pan on medium heat and grease with cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into pan for a medium/large pancake, or 1/4 cup for a smaller pancake. Fry about two minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.

Serve immediately. (I only like to butter mine, but I've been told they also taste good with syrup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.