Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Healthy Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Paleo Brownies


Today I baked brownies. Actually, really yummy dark chocolate healthy brownies. I honestly did not know it is possible to bake a healthy brownie that doesn't taste like compost. However, this recipe defies all baking physics, proving the impossible. (From a scientific perspective, it actually does not defy any physics, it just tastes really good.)


It rained today. You probably cannot tell from the pictures since I was cleverly holding a massive pink umbrella while attempting to take a remotely presentable photo with my hot pink iPhone. If there is a pink glare on any of the photos, you can blame the umbrella, or the phone. I've also gotten really good at photo shopping out wet rain spots, so that is probably why everything looks perfectly dry in the photos. I'm kind of loving the iPhoto update.

These brownies only took about 40 minutes to make, including cooking time. Did I mention that they are gluten free and sugar free? I think they're Paleo, too, though I am not entirely sure what Paleo even is. But if you ever need a fairly quick yummy healthy snack, these are pretty amazing.

HEALTHY DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:

Yield: About 20 bars

TIME: 40 min
PREP: 10 min
COOK: 30 min

OVEN: 300 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup coconut flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 cup honey or maple syrup

3 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% and 85% cocoa)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F, and grease an 8x8 pan.

Combine all ingredients together, mixing well until everything is smooth. Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before serving. (I didn't allow them to cool before trying one, but they'll be less crumbly after cooling.)

ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED REMOVE FROM EMPOWERED SUSTENANCE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.