Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Healthy Orange Banana Slushy


I like slushies. I would probably drink a slushy everyday if they were not so incredibly unhealthy, and if I had a slushy machine. However, after some excessive experimentation, I made a smoothie, that has the texture of a slushy, but tastes like an orange cream-sicle. Pretty awesome, huh? I thought so. You can also top it with whipped cream, because whipped cream is one of the greatest things ever, and makes pretty much everything a whole lot better. I bet it would make bacon better too. But that would be a different recipe, and I'm getting sidetracked because I'm hungry right now.

I don't have a whole lot to talk about in this post. It's basically summer, which means that I am done with school, and have very little to do with myself, except Marine Biology, because that's awesome. However, this slushy is very easy to make, (since it only has 2 ingredients), and tastes incredible. Depending on how ripe the banana is, and how much orange juice you use, it may or may not even taste like bananas. Because I don't like bananas at all, and this slushy tasted great.

HEALTHY ORANGE BANANA SLUSHY:

YIELD: 1 serving (2 if you're nice)

TIME: 5 min
PREP: 5 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 banana, frozen

1 cup orange juice

whipped cream (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Blend together frozen banana and orange juice in a blender until smooth. If the banana is not frozen, it will not be a slushy, just a very sad smoothie.

Poor into a large glass, and top with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.