Friday, June 26, 2015

Chicken Salad


I love chicken salad. I think I have eaten it everyday this week. Not on bread, or crackers, just plain chicken salad on a plate, with a fork, and a side of grapes, accompanied by a large cup of iced coffee (also something I have been obsessing over after acquiring some dulce de leche, that stuff is magical).

I routinely go through strange phases where I will only eat one food until I get sick of it. A few weeks ago I ate only banana smoothies, followed by apples, and now chicken salad. I love this chicken salad (did I already mention that?) and being the kind person that I am, I have decided to share this wondrous recipe with the world. You're welcome. 

CHICKEN SALAD: 

YIELD: 2-3 servings

TIME: 15 min
PREP: 15 min

INGREDIENTS: 

1 13oz can of chicken

2 tablespoons Miracle Whip

2 tablespoons Mayonnaise

1/8 cup chopped grapes

2 tablespoons sunflower seeds

DIRECTIONS: 

Shred chicken (that can be done by mashing it with a fork.) Mix in mayo, Miracle Whip, grapes, and sunflower seeds. Serve with bread, crackers, or without anything, because it tastes awesome by itself.

Store in refrigerator.



2 comments:

  1. The salad looks amazing! But sunflower seeds?? I have never ever heard of them in a chicken sale before. What do they contribute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of chicken salad recipes contain cashews. However, I had no cashews so I subbed in sunflower seeds. They don't add a ton, just a light salty flavor and some crunch.

      Delete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.