Thursday, June 25, 2015

Gluten Free Brownie Fudge Cookies


I have mastered the art of gluten free cookie baking. Seriously though, these cookies look and taste just look ones containing flour. I am very proud.

Summer seems to be flying by. It seems like I just finished school, but it's already been two months, and I have recently begun taking summer classes. For some reason I always feel inclined to do school over the summer. I guess I get too bored doing nothing, but I am really enjoying my marine biology class. I have probably mentioned this before, but I am slightly obsessed with science, specifically biology. I find it very fascinating, especially being able to dissect organisms, even though it can be a little gross sometimes.

Despite having four intensive classes this summer, I have made plenty of time to cook. I do not post on here as often as I would like, but I do cook frequently, since I am the only one in my family who cannot eat gluten and have to cook a lot of my own meals.

Although it can be a little depressing that I may never eat Papa Johns pizza again, or an enormous hamburger from Five Guys, it is kind of nice to be gluten free. I can bake cookies, and just by mentioning the words, "gluten free," most of my family won't even bother to try the food, leaving more from me. Yay! :D

So if you really like brownies, you should seriously try this recipe. I pretty much just dumped a bunch of ingredients together in a bowl, and hoped it would work itself out. It did. And I have created a marvelous recipe that tastes like pure happiness, but mostly like brownies.

GLUTEN FREE BROWNIE FUDGE COOKIES:

YIELD: 2 dozen cookies

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 15 min

OVEN: 350 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 1/2 cup Krusteaz gluten free all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease 2 cookie sheets.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, until light and fluffy.

Combine dry ingredients, and add to batter, mixing until well combined. Spoon batter onto prepared pans, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crispy around the edges while still soft in the center.

Allow to cook for 10 minutes before removing from pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.