Sunday, July 19, 2015

Gluten Free Almond Joy Granola


I've never been a huge fan of granola... I don't dislike it, I was just indifferent towards it. That however, did not stop me from trying to make it. Since I don't eat granola frequently, I cannot pretend to be any sort of expert. I quite literally took a bunch of ingredients and dumped them together in a bowl, and hoped for the best. It did turn out quite nicely, and tasted like an almond joy candy bar, except it was made out of granola. (I LOVE ALMOND JOYS! THEY ARE SO AMAZING!) 



Whenever I am particularly stressed out, I tend to bake a lot. Last Christmas around finals week, I baked four batches of seasonal cookies to keep me sane. (Those were pretty epic cookies, by the way.) Logically, I should deal with stress by eliminating it (i.e. doing my homework), however, during moments of stress, I throw off such logic, and bake really amazing food. A lot of really amazing food. This summer I am taking four classes, because I get too bored in the summer otherwise. With classes comes loads of homework, and this afternoon, instead of writing papers and taking tests, I made epic almond joy granola. But hey, at least it tastes pretty good so it wasn't a complete waste of time. 


GLUTEN FREE ALMOND JOY GRANOLA:

YIELD: About 4 cups

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 5 min
COOK: 25 min

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups gluten free oatmeal

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons raw cane sugar

1/3 cup melted coconut oil

3 tablespoons honey

1/2 cup shredded coconut

1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds

1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and line and grease a cookies sheet with parchment paper. 

Mix together oatmeal, salt, cocoa, and sugar. Add wet ingredients, and stir until well combined. Mix in almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips.

Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.