Saturday, July 11, 2015

Iced Coffee



I have a mini obsession with coffee. (Mini is probably an under-exaggeration.) Coffee is definitely the greatest beverage in the universe. Not only does it taste incredible, it makes me super hyper. For some reason, I noticed about two years ago that it also heightens my memory. For example, I drink a lot of coffee before studying for a test, because I memorize the information about 3x as fast. I still remember the phylum and classes of Kingdom Monera from my freshman biology class. It's pretty useless for me to still have that memorized, but I have coffee to thank for it.


Since it is now midsummer and the temperature has gradually increased to nearly unbearable temperatures, hot coffee is not always appreciated. When it comes to hot coffee, I drink it straight up,
black. I don't like milk watering down my hot coffee. However, for some reason black coffee does not seem to taste as pleasant on ice. With some experimentation, I have developed a really yummy
iced coffee that doesn't taste nasty.


If you haven't seen my last post, I got a new camera a couple days ago! So far I'm really loving it, it's so much easier to work with than my iPhone. I got two lenses with it, a 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens. All the photos from today's post are with the 18-55mm lens.

ICED COFFEE:

YIELD: 1 serving

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup ice

1 cup black coffee, cooled

1/4 cup milk

2 tablespoon half & half 

2 teaspoons Dulce de Leche 

DIRECTIONS:

Combine ingredients together in a large glass. Serve immediately. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.