Tuesday, August 11, 2015

3-Cheese Gluten Free Mac 'N' Cheese



I have always loved mac 'n' cheese. By that, I mean real  with mac 'n' cheese, with a real cheese sauce, not the yucky powdered Kraft stuff. In fact, although I adore this decadent cheesy pasta, I refuse nothing less than perfection. And here for you all, is the perfect ooey gooey cheesy BEST gluten free macaroni and cheese that I have ever encountered. Plus it only takes 20 minutes to make!


I believe several months ago I posted a similar gluten free macaroni and cheese recipe, but since then, I have refined my technique a little bit, and have modified the cheese sauce making it even tastier. I discovered that using only one cheese in the sauce makes it rather dull. However, combing three different cheeses causes an epic explosion of cheesy awesomeness. 

3-CHEESE GLUTEN FREE MAC 'N' CHEESE

TIME: 20 MIN

INGREDIENTS:

12 oz gluten free elbow pasta, cooked

8 tablespoons (or 1 stick) butter, melted

1/2 cup corn starch

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups milk

1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese

1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese

1/2 cup American cheese

DIRECTIONS:

Mix together melted butter, corn starch, salt, and milk together in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened.

Add in the three different cheeses, stirring until melted. Mix in the cooked pasta. Serve immediately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.