Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bread-Machine White Bread



Bread is a beautiful thing. Especially crispy homemade white bread, that is NOT GLUTEN FREE! I'm very excited that gluten has not been the substance plaguing my health. I stopped consuming caffeine, and suddenly stopped getting stomach aches. Which means no more coffee for me. :( I'd almost rather be gluten free, because I loooooove coffee. And now I can only drink the lame decaf shtuff.

For the past several days, I have begun reintroducing wheat into my diet. Wheat is magical. After not have any gluten for several months, eating just a little bit is sort of like eating it for the first time. I had forgotten how incredible hamburger buns were, and just bread in general. I REALLY LOVE BREAD! I used to not like it all that much, but homemade bread, THIS homemade bread tastes like a party. If you could taste parties, that is. 

BREAD-MACHINE WHITE BREAD:

YIELD: 1 loaf

TIME: about 3 hours

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup warm, (NOT HOT) water

1 package (or 2 1/4 teaspoons) dry instant yeast

2 tablespoons white sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Combine water, yeast, and sugar in the bread machine bowl. Allow to sit until frothy for about 10 minutes.

Place the remaining in the bread machine, and select the "Basic" or "White Bread" setting. Press start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.