Thursday, August 6, 2015

Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies


Summer days usually consist of me doing extremely random things in order to amuse myself. Although those random activities can occasionally yield some sort of academic benefit (such as me studying marine biology), usually they serve no purpose. For example, I spent over two hours color coding my closet. Sure it looks pretty cool, but essentially serves no practical purpose.



Today has been one of those day in which I have no idea what to do with myself. Although I do have a stack of 16 bills for my senate class which I had planned to go through line by line looking for logic errors, I most likely will end up wrapped in a blanket burrito, sitting by my window with my camera attempting to capture pictures of miniature birds and squirrels. However, so far I settled on something a little more interesting; I baked brownies.


Brownies, although a beautifully simple dessert, possess all sorts of unique possibilities. Just by slightly altering a recipe, you can change the flavor, texture, and appearance. I do believe I have posted several brownie recipes already, but this is definitely one of the tastier gluten free versions.

GLUTEN FREE FUDGY BROWNIES:

TIME: 35 min
PREP: 10 min
COOK: 25 min

INGREDIENTS: 

6 tablespoons unsalted butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

8 oz dark chocolate

2 eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

3 tablespoons corn starch

1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease an 8x8" pan.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in sugar, and add chocolate, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.

Beat eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture, and mix in cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt.

Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes, or until set and brownies pull away from the edges of the pan. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.

(Click HERE to see the original unaltered recipe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.