Saturday, August 15, 2015

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Brownies


Peanut butter + brownies = total awesomeness!! And I don't even really like peanut butter very much.



I really wanted to make brownies. Specifically, I was going to make the super yummy gooey gluten free brownies I recently posted (click HERE for that recipe). However, while mixing the stuff together I did not pay very close attention to the recipe, and ended up dumping in four eggs instead of two... Oops.


So of course, I used my wondrous improvisational skills, and did not ruin a beautiful batch of brownies. I also decided to add some peanut butter, because sometimes peanut butter and chocolate tastes absolutely incredible. And because I forgot the salt. 

GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES:

YIELD: About 16-20 brownies

TIME: 40 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 25 min

OVEN: 350 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter

3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar, divided

8 oz Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips

4 eggs, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

3 tablespoons corn starch

1/2 cup Krusteaz gluten free flour

1/2 cup peanut butter

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease an 8x8" pan.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in sugar and chocolate until well combined, and chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.

Beat in eggs, and vanilla. Add in flour, salt, and cornstarch, mixing until smooth. Pour into prepared pan, set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter for about 60 seconds, or until melted. Mix in 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Pour into brownie batter, and use a spoon to swirl it in with the chocolate.

Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set, and brownies pull away from the edge of the pan. Remove from oven, and cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.