Thursday, August 27, 2015

{Skinny} Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


I really wanted to make proper muffins. By proper, I mean NOT gluten free. However, classic banana muffins tend to be a little dry and tasteless. As it turns out, these {skinny} muffins are considerably, tastier in my opinion. Although they are not exactly healthy, they are less unhealthy than normal muffins. 


I don't really know what to write here... other than that these muffins are good and that you should totally make them. MUFFINS MUFFINS MUFFINS! They're like little cakes that you don't feel as bad about eating, because they're not technically cake. No frosting = not a cake. Unless it's a pound cake or something strange like that. 

{SKINNY} CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS:

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 10 min
COOK: 20 min

YIELD: 2 dozen muffins

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat is healthier btw)

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 ripe bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup dark chocolate chips, I used 60% cacao

DIRECTIONS: 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease 2 12-cup muffin tins.

Mix together bananas, honey, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.