Friday, August 7, 2015

Vegetable Fried Rice


I LOVE LOVE LOVE FRIED RICE! I could eat it like every single day of the week. But then I would get sick of it... so that's why I don't eat it every single day of the week. 


Today, there was no food to eat. By no food, I mean tons of food, but just no food I wanted to eat, plus most of it wasn't gluten free. But I really wanted fried rice. Unfortunately for me, I have no money, no car, and no driver's license, and the Chinese takeout place is not within walking distance. So I did the next best thing. I made my own! Yay! 


For this recipe, I literally just dumped a bunch of stuff into a frying pan and hoped for the best. I do that a lot, and it usually turns out pretty fantastic. So here is my (probably somewhat flawed) interpretation of fried rice. 

VEGETABLE FRIED RICE:

YIELD: 2 servings

TIME: 10 min

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups brown rice, cooked

1 1/2 cups frozen veggies, (I used mixed veggies, and picked out the yucky green beans)

1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil

1 teaspoon dried minced onions

1/8 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste

1 egg, beaten

DIRECTIONS:

Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.

Once heated, grease pan with oil, and add the veggies and dried onions. Cook until tender, and scramble the egg with the veggies.

Stir in the rice, and season with garlic salt. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.