Saturday, October 24, 2015

Dark Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes


I generally dislike breakfast foods. I don't hate them, I just prefer not to eat oatmeal, eggs, cereal, and pancakes soaked into sogginess curtesy of overrated sugar-water. However, I do hold a certain affinity for waffles, and chocolate chips pancakes. In fact, if I ever eat breakfast at all, it probably consists of either waffles, or chocolate chip pancakes.



Strawberries are the greatest fruit in the universe. Once upon a time, on a very boring afternoon (Thursday afternoon, actually) I decided to mash up a bunch of strawberries in attempt to make some sort of strawberry syrup/goo. The result: probably one of the best things I have ever created. Bonus, it's not overloaded with sugar and corn syrup, and might actually be remotely healthy. Plus it taste KILLER (I think that's a good thing) with dark chocolate pancakes. And it's microwavable. It just keeps getting better and better!


Doesn't that look delicious? Strawberries for the win!


This morning **cough cough** afternoon, I was really really hungry, and decided to have breakfast... even though it was after lunch time. So I created my new favorite breakfast food, besides bacon of course: DARK CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY PANCAKES YAYY!! If you could eat pure joy, I would imagine it would taste something like this.

DARK CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY PANCAKES:

YIELD: 1 serving

TIME: 10 min
PREP: 5 min
COOK: 5 min

INGREDIENTS:

{ 1/2 cup dry pancake powder/batter shtuff

1/2 cup water } or just your favorite pancake recipe

2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips

1 tablespoon white chocolate chips, for garnish 

STRAWBERRY SAUCE:

5 medium strawberries, mashed

1 teaspoon honey

2 tablespoon water

1/4 teaspoon corn starch

DIRECTIONS:

Mix together pancake batter, and pour into a frying pan heated over medium heat. Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips, and cook until golden brown.

Meanwhile, mix together ingredients for strawberry sauce in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second increments, until it has desired consistency (I like mine to be a little thicker than syrup).

Pour strawberry sauce over cooked pancake(s), garnish with white chocolate chips, serve immediately. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.