Thursday, October 22, 2015

New York Cheesecake


I made my first ever New York Cheesecake!! LIKEOHMYGERSH IT WAS SOOOOOOO AMAZING! I've made cheesecake full of fanciful flavors, like Oreo, peanut butter cup, and lemon, but this was my first ever proper plain cheesecake. Turns out normal cheesecake isn't boring at all. It's absolutely fantastic.

Wanna know a secret? I actually made this over a month ago, it has just taken me until now to post it. But it was too amazing to totally forget about, so here it is now.


Lately I have been incredibly busy with school, but my classes are super fun and interesting. I'm taking Classical Rhetoric, AP Geography, Algebra II, Chemistry, and Spanish. (Chemistry is my favorite. I really like science.) Unfortunately I do not have nearly enough time to cook, let alone write about it. However, here is the wonderful (easy) New York cheesecake recipe. (By the way, don't cut your cheesecake into slices that big. It's SUPER dense, and I could only manage to eat like a third of that. But larger pieces make for prettier pictures.)

NEW YORK CHEESECAKE:

PREP: 30 min
TOTAL TIME: About 5 hours (this includes chillin' time)

YIELD: About 16 servings

INGREDIENTS:
CRUST:

1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs

1/4 cup sugar

8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter

FILLING:

4 8oz packages of cream cheese

1 1/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 tablespoons lemon juice

5 eggs

2 tablespoons flour

SOUR CREAM LAYER:

1 pint (2 cups) sour cream

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:

Heat oven to 350ยบ F. Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and sugar, and flatten in a 10-inch spring form pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.

Beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Mix in flour.

Pour filling into prepared crust, and bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Spread over the cheesecake. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Cool cheesecake before refrigerating. Refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight) before serving.

SOURCE









No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.