Thursday, June 2, 2016

Cotton Candy Funfetti Cupcakes


If happiness was a flavor, it would be cotton candy. If it was a cupcake, it would be funfetti. I do believe I have just created the happiest food in the universe: Cotton Candy Funfetti Cupcakes!!


I have loved cotton candy for most of my life. The only time I recall not loving it, was before I knew of its existence. Since then, I have discovered numerous different ways to incorporate cotton candy into everyday life. There is cotton candy ice cream, cotton candy perfume, even cotton candy extract to make all your food taste like cotton candy!! (Unfortunately, I have not yet acquired cotton candy extract, though I would definitely put it in ALL of my food.)


Did you know that by eating cotton candy everyday you increase your chances of encountering a unicorn battling a T-Rex riding unicycle by about 84% (without the use of hallucinatory drugs)?! Those are real statistics! You're welcome.



COTTON CANDY FUNFETTI CUPCAKES:

YIELD: 12 cupcakes

TIME: 2 hours
PREP: 15 min
BAKE: 15 min
COOL: 60 min

CUPCAKES:

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup milk

1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350ºF, and line and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.

In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until foamy. Beat in the butter and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients, and mix in the milk until smooth. Fold in the sprinkles.

Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.

Allow to fully cool before frosting.

COTTON CANDY FROSTING:

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup butter

2 tablespoons milk

1/4 teaspoon raspberry extract

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 drops red food coloring (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Beat all the ingredients together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Spoon the frosting into a piping bag, and decorate cupcakes. (You could also spread the frosting with a knife like a savage; that totally works too!) Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.